Speed Limits For Boats and Personal Watercraft
- DAY TIME (Sunrise to 30 Minutes after Sunset):
- 40 mph speed limit applies to weekends and holidays from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- NO speed limit for any weekdays all year and weekends before Memorial Day after Labor Day.
- NIGHT TIME (30 minutes after Sunset to Sunrise):
- 20 mph all year, every night, including weeknights, weekends and holidays.
Hours of Operation
Boats and pontoons can be operated (within the above speed limits) at any time of the day or night, so long as proper lights are used at night.
Personal watercraft (Jet Skis, Seadoos, Waverunners, Etc,) must be off the water by one hour before sunset and cannot be operated any earlier than 9:30 AM. Click here for sunrise sunset times (http://sunrise-sunset.org/us/minneapolis-mn). If on the water, you can also search on your smart phone or other device for sunrise sunset times.
Waterskiing, wake boarding, surfing, tubing and other related activities are not allowed any time after one half hour after sunset and sunrise of the following day.
Navigation lights (Red and Green on the bow, white on the stern) must be turned on from sunset to sunrise.
For the complete Minnesota Boating Regulation Guide: http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/boatwater/boatingguide.pdf
Please Enjoy Prior Lake Respectfully and Safely!
Prior Lake Association