The Prior Lake Association (PLA) was formed in the 1950s by a small group of lakeshore property owners to help inform and educate the community on issues crucial to the continued quality of our lake as well as the care and maintenance it requires. The PLA has since grown to include hundreds of members, lake dwellers and non-lake dwellers, who care deeply about Prior Lake. PLA’s on-going safety, education and community activities include:
- Purchase of buoys for channel markers and lake hazards
- Purchase of rescue equipment for use on the lake
- Financial support for channel dredging to keep the upper and lower lakes navigable during low water years
- Instrumental in forming the Prior Lake-Spring Lake Watershed District
- Actively involved in water quality and weed control issues
- Organize and help fund several community lake events including the Annual 4th of July Fireworks
If you are interested in becoming a member, click here.
C’mon – we’re AIMING FOR BLUE and could use your help! Together we can make a difference!